Sunday, January 5, 2014

                                     What I have been up to

Jeeze, I can hardly believe it has been almost 2 years, it is amazing how time flies! I am still eating a vegetarian diet, mostly vegan. I managed to loose a total of about 50 pounds by switching to a whole food, plant based diet in feb. of  2012. I have kept it off by sticking to a mostly healthy diet. I still struggle with sugar addiction and some times slip up on my portion sizes. But what i have found is, when you are making mostly good, healthy food choices, those occasional slip ups dont matter so much anymore.  Cooking for a living has made it a real challenge to stay excited and passionate about cooking at home, Some things however have gotten my attention. KOmbucha tea for example. I have become a big fan of the fermented foods, saurkraut and kombucha being my 2 favorites. I was lucky enough to get a kombucha "mother" from a friend over a year ago and I have been brewing and drinking it regularly since. Saurkraut i also have going on the counter on a pretty regular basis. Granola is still a staple snack around here and I have been playing around with some vegan cheese recipes i will blog on in more detail later. AS some of you may know, 40 is right around the corner for me. I have decided i shall go into my 40s with grace and health & what the hell, beauty as well! I have some pretty awesome folks in my life that have shown some interest in the way that I cook and eat. Some are looking for weight loss and others just looking to make some super yummy food. I look forward to sharing recipes and cooking tips in the weeks to come that may help inspire better eating habits and to show just how damn yummy vegetables can actually be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment